How to Write a Love Letter
- Put your thoughts together in a draft first
- Pay extra special attention to the selection of writing paper and pen
- Always include the date on the letter
- Cite a special event that made an impact on your love for your Valentine
- Give them specific details about what makes them stand apart from everyone else
- Write in your own “language”, speaking in the letter how you would normally speak if you were sitting across from him/her
- Cite a lyric of a song that reminds you of him/her and include the CD with the love letter
- Pay attention to details such as handwriting, grammar and punctuation
- Handwritten is best but if you must type it on your computer, select a font that is different from the one you send as an invoice to your clients – something more “romantic”
- Close the letter with a carefully selected send off such as “Love Always”, or “You are my Valentine”
- Consider dropping it in the mail. Even if you live in the same house, receiving a love letter in the mail is special! Although hand delivered is great, as well.
- If you choose to mail rather than hand deliver, don’t use an out of season holiday stamp
- And, by all means, spell his/her name correctly!!!!
Don’t forget to add a sweet treat with your love letter for extra kudos. I’m including a block of chocolate on a silver spoon with the words “I love you” from The Ticket Kitchen. Happy Valentine’s Day!