It’s almost Valentine’s Day and what better time to talk about kisses and test your knowledge of “Pucker Power”. Take this fun little quiz and see if you are up on your kissing trivia: are you a kissing expert or a kisser in training?
1. What is the scientific name for kissing?a) Tinea pedis b) Osculation c) Smoochapelia
2. How many facial muscles do you use when you kiss?a) 17 muscles b) 56 muscles c) 34 muscles
3. How many calories does a kiss burn?a) 8 calories per minute b) 14 calories per minute c) 6 calories per minute
4. In the fifteenth century, a social kiss between a man and a woman was placed:a) On the back of the hand b) On the lips c) None of the above
5. What experience has been dubbed the “Kiss of Life”?a) Birth b) The First Teen Kiss c) Giving CPR
6. What percentage of people in the world today kiss?a) 70% b) 90% c) 20%
7. What culture gives more social kisses to family members?a) German b) American c) Belgian
8. What is the most hygienic type of greeting?a) A handshake b) A kiss on the cheek c) A kiss on the hand
9. How many kisses are generally offered in a French greeting?a) 2 – mwah, mwah b) 4 – mwah, mwah, mwah, mwah c) 3 – mwah, mwah, mwah
10. When is a kiss on the lips a definite “No go”.a) When you are suffering with a cold b) When you are eating garlic pizza c) When someone extends their hand out for a shake and you override it to be “extra friendly”
(1) b (2) c (3) c (4) b (5) a (6) b (7) c (8) b (9) a (10) c
* www.funtrivia.com – According to the 1991 Kinsey Institute New Report on Sex, a passionate kiss burns 6.4 calories per minute.
* A Compendium of kisses by Lana Citron