Being single on Valentine’s Day is no reason to curtail plans of a fun get-away or night out! In fact, with the following Valentine’s etiquette tips you may find that Valentine’s Day 2012 will be a holiday you’ll remember for years to come.
Valentine’s Day Etiquette Tips for the Single Girl or Guy
- Valentine’s Day getaways packages aren’t just for couples. Take advantage of the great spa and hotel packages offered this time of year. Instead of inviting a significant other, make it a fun girls weekend. Chocolate-covered strawberries taste just as sweet when enjoyed with a friend, and who wouldn’t enjoy a relaxing massage or spa treatment? Check out sites where you can find discount offers for extra savings.
- Plan ahead. Fun times are had when friends are gathered – whether at a restaurant, a friend’s house or somewhere in between. Make your reservations early and don’t just limit your fun to Valentine’s Day. Choose an alternate night for better service and fewer crowds.
- Make it a movie night. Movies have a wonderful way of taking us to another place entirely. Consider adding a trip to your local movie theater to the agenda. Even better, plan to attend a live performance at your local theatre. Pick a movie or theatre performance that is lively and upbeat. Invite a friend and go out for gelato or a cup of coffee and dessert afterwards!
- Treat yourself. There is no reason you can’t splurge on something indulgent if your budget permits. If you’re watching your wallet, pamper yourself by making your favorite dish and eating in your pajamas while watching a television show. Do something you wouldn’t ordinarily do for yourself.
- Laugh a little. Laughter has a wonderful way of elevating our mood. Remember to include humor into your Valentine’s mix (but certainly not at the expense of others). What about a night-out to your local comedy club or watching your favorite comedian on Netflix with a friend?
- Get creative. Look for a local art or pottery studio that offers group classes paired with wine and hors d’oeuvres. You’ll explore your creative side and have a blast with people you enjoy!
Valentine’s Day has a romantic way of bringing out our emotional side – either you are in love, wish you were in love or miss someone you have loved and lost. By all means acknowledge your feelings but remember not to dwell on the past. Living in the moment and enjoying time with trusted confidants and family are two of life’s greatest treasures!