The arrival of fall brings new opportunity to increase your productivity and efficiency at work. Summer dreaming is replaced with a burst of fall energy and anticipation of a new season. Recharge your professional battery by dialing up your career goals and concentrating on your imprint. I’m sharing some of my clients’ favorite business apps below – let me know if you already use any of these or have favorites of your own.
1. YouSendIt – A lifesaver for many of my clients! Send, sync and share files from any device. Work from your laptop in the evening and present with your iPad in the morning. Put this one on your “to download” list.
2. OneReceipt – Always on the go? Organize your receipts when you are out and about by simply taking a photo with your iPhone! No need to add bulk to your fashionable wallet with unsightly receipts sticking out from every corner.
3. Mint.com – Helping you stay on budget and save for that fabulous holiday getaway you’ve been planning.
4. LemonWallet – Stores a digital copy of all of your cards—ID, insurance, loyalty and payment cards—so you can access them whenever you need.
5. CheckPlease Lite – Makes calculating the tip or splitting a bill between multiple people a breeze.
Speaking of manners and mobile devices, I sent out a tweet yesterday asking for pet peeves and received an overwhelming response via twitter, DMs and email. Here is a sampling of the feedback I received:
- “Using a device while talking with someone.” (via @GoCHSDeals)
- “Always having it out, on the table, checking it constantly.” (via @MsShaunaMack)
- “The idea that you can do two things at once. Text+Drive Text+Walk Text+Talk w/me. Just stop.” (via @Macrotots)
- “Not silencing during meetings or movies!” (via @chickadeeprints)
- “Loud talking in restaurants. Take it outside.” (via @ConnectionMaven)
Always focus your attention on those you are with, using your phone or tablet with courtesy and discretion! Avoid the tendency to check your device every few minutes and please, turn off any unsettling ringtones.