I don’t know about you, but it often seems easier to find the perfect gift for the women in my life (my friends, mother, and daughters) than to select a suitable gift for my better half. The same can be said for purchasing an appropriate gift for my brother in law or beloved uncle. But, gift giving doesn’t have to be an impossible task as long as you keep it simple.
Here are a few of my favorite “go-to” Holiday gifts for him:
- Monogrammed Cufflinks. You can’t go wrong with a beautiful monogrammed gift. I even came across cufflinks with a secret locket ($119 via Red Envelope)– perfect for tucking away your photo, and one of your children.
- Cashmere V-Neck Sweater. Who wouldn’t appreciate such a fabulous gift, soft and warm? Pick a color he can wear often. One of my favorites is by Ralph Lauren ($279, link here).
- Aviator Sunglasses. Go with a classic pair of Ray Ban’s and you’ll give him something he’ll enjoy for years and years (from $149, link here).
- Burberry Trench Coat. If you really want to splurge, this is the gift for him! The heritage features reference the original Burberry trench coat ($1,795). If you like the look but not the price, you can find plenty of trench alternatives that are just as wonderful and far less costly.
- Men’s Valet and Charging Station. An end to lost iPads and dead cell phones…worth every penny ($119 via Red Envelope here).
- Leather iPad Case. Priced under $70 at Pottery Barn, plus a host of other ideas here.
- Instant Wine Chiller. If he loves to entertain, consider an instant wine chiller with a bottle of his favorite white wine (under $40 at wineenthusiast.com here).
- J Crew Timex Andros Watch. This dive-style watch was inspired by one of the most extraordinary barrier reefs in the world. A timeliness gift for the all-American guy on your list ($150, link here).
- An Apple Gadget. For the guy that loves technology but keeps “borrowing” your chargers and disappears with your iPod, buy him an Apple product from his wishlist.
- Harry & David Basket of Chocolate-Covered Treats. Everyone loves chocolate-dipped strawberries (from $29, link here). Or, make your own – it’s surprisingly simple.
- Gift Certificate to the Car Wash. A gift he’ll surely appreciate after having to lug around a trunk full of presents (not to mention the holiday tree).
- A Handwritten Card. Written from the heart, your words mean more to him than you know.
Are you in need of a few good gift ideas “For Her” as well? Refer to my list of holiday favorites.