Fall travel is underway. Test your travel etiquette IQ by taking our short quiz below.
Travel Etiquette Trivia:
The person who handles your bags at the airport is called:
Answer: Skycap…and please don’t forget to tip your friendly skycap $2 for your first bag and $1 for each additional bag!
2. The first point of contact at your hotel:
c) Front Desk Clerk
Answer: The doorman is the first person to greet you as he or she opens the entry door to welcome you to your hotel.
3. The person who takes your keys and parks your car:
Answer: Valet. Wondering when to tip? Generally, a tip is given when departing the hotel, however, if you are requesting a special parking spot, or your car to be held up front while you run to your room for a quick change of clothes, tip at the time of drop off as well.
4. The person who makes your flight comfortable, offers beverages and attends to your safety and needs in flight:
b) Flight Attendant
c) Air Marshal
Answer: Flight attendant. Flight attendants are responsible for the safety and comfort of airline passengers.
5. The maximum carry-on baggage size (the total of the height, width, and depth of the bag):
a) 45 linear inches
b) 48 linear inches
c) 50 linear inches
Answer: 45 linear inches. Refer to additional guidelines on the FAA website.
6. A female food server:
Answer: Server is a universal term for either male or female. Waitress would specifically imply female. Either term would be appropriate.
7. What side of the airport moving sidewalk is for standing?
Answer: It is proper travel etiquette to maintain the right side for standing and the left for passing.
8. The person at a hotel who handles reservations to restaurants and theatre performances:
a) Front Desk Clerk
Answer: Concierge, whose ultimate goal is to offer an exemplary customer service experience to their hotel guests. Read my Concierge Etiquette Tips…