Now that the season is definitely veering towards lower temperatures, it’s time to think about updating your wardrobe. Whether it’s switching out your clothes from one drawer to the other, or buying a few key pieces that will be long-term business investments, there is no better time than the present. While you’d love to show up to work in your warm cozy sweater and cords, it may not be the best option when you are climbing the corporate ladder.
Women’s Professional Attire for the Office Must Haves with a Fall Twist:
1. Skirt Suit– If you purchase wisely, you will be able to wear a well made suit year after year and update it with jewelry and underpinnings.
2. Pant Suit– A neutral colored pant suit is a staple item in your seasonal closet. Choose black, navy or gray and accessorize with a great pair of heels, different colored blouses, scarves and a winter coat.
3. Skirt and Blouse- Even though leather is not normally office appropriate, this skirt just might pass – it certainly would in my office.
4. Dress- There is nothing better than a perfectly fitted dress. It’s professional, goes from business to a social evening event with a few quick changes, and if tailored properly is very comfortable.
5. Blouse and Pants-A workday staple, invest in tailored slacks and various blouses. Add a jacket and you are perfectly ready to meet a client for an impromptu business lunch.
6. Business Casual Options Great for Fall- Business Casual can be tricky to maneuver. When in doubt always pick the dressier option. You don’t want to get caught meeting an important client in your “comfortable, casual” outfit.
7. Purse- A purse is a great accent to any outfit. When choosing one for work try staying with neutral colors that enhance, not overpower, your outfit. You want people to remember you, not the bag you were carrying.
8. Work Appropriate Boot- For me, Fall is all about the boots, unfortunately most of them don’t make the cut when it comes to the office. Here is an example that is an understated, acceptable choice:
For those who prefer a sleek wedge…
And a beautiful, tall boot for a Fall afternoon with friends…
9. A Great, Functional Coat- Here’s a great classic coat for your office wardrobe. Make sure it’s both comfortable and stylish before you make the final purchase.
These are just a few ways to update your seasonal wardrobe. Don’t forget scarves, belts, jewelry and warm hosiery for the cold days ahead.