“No white after Labor Day” doesn’t exactly ring true these days. You probably don’t want to wear white heels – a hard fashion to pull off to begin with – but the calming palette of neutral attire is perfect for the cooler months. When worn properly, white can be crisp and professional. Here are five ways to wear white, incorporating it effortlessly into your winter wardrobe:
- Bundle Up. Layer a white trench or a soft wool cape in white, cream, blush or dove gray over your outfit for warmth and style. White or cream is a fresh take on the traditional black coat. A white trench will also look great with a deep color underneath, such as emerald green or royal blue.
- Wear the Pants. Both warm and chic, cream wool pants elevate any outfit. Try a wider leg with a fitted top for a flattering look. Keep your particular figure in mind when selecting the perfect cream pant for the winter season.
- Get Chunky. An ivory cable-knit sweater over a lean tank and a gray pencil skirt or fitted slacks is perfect for the cooler months. Don’t be afraid to add boot socks to your your favorite skinny jeans and boots. As the weather becomes colder outside, layering becomes key!
- Dress to Sparkle. A winter white or ivory dress is great for work or those many corporate holiday parties and outings. Stick to tailored pieces with structured lines to avoid looking bridal. You can accessorize with black, camel, oxblood or gray for a look that’s fashion-forward. Remember the length when attending any occasion where you will be representing your place of work. It’s better to avoid anything too short, but to be safe, patterned tights and ankle booties would be a nice addition to the right dress or skirt.
- Accessorize. Use an infinity scarf to help with the chilly breeze, and wear a pair of cashmere gloves to ensure comfort and warmth. White or cream add a color-block effect to your outfit and bring out the necessary visual pop to keep you looking stylish.
For more ideas on how to utilize white this season, check out my “Winter White” board on Pinterest for great tips and fun fashion ideas for you to experiment with!