Valentine’s Day is tomorrow and a great time to show your appreciation for those who make life sweet every day of the year. Wouldn’t it be an unexpected thrill to receive a delicious Valentine’s Day treat?
Your child’s teacher for the countless hours devoted to helping to shape their future…
Your mother for empowering you to chase after your dream profession…
Your best friend for being your personal sounding board…
Your mentor for countless hours of professional wisdom…
The men and women in uniform for their selfless dedication to protecting, and keeping our country safe…Bless you.
Red Velvet Cake Hearts with Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 (18.25-ounce) box red velvet cake mix
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
- Spray a 15×10-inch rimmed baking sheet with nonstick baking spray with flour. Line pan with parchment paper.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Turn out onto a cutting board, and cool completely. Using a 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 24 hearts. Cut hearts in half horizontally.
- In a large bowl, combine cream cheese and butter. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Gradually add confectioners’ sugar, beating until smooth.
- Turn hearts, cut side up. Pipe cream cheese onto center of 12 hearts, and top with remaining 12 hearts. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with confectioners’ sugar, if desired.
For more of my Valentine’s Day Etiquette tips visit, “Valentine’s Day Etiquette: Alternative Ideas for Singles” on The Huffington Post