If the thought of walking into the office at 8 am on Monday morning leaves your stomach turning on Sunday night, it’s time to take back control! Wake up to the smell of fresh coffee brewing, treat yourself to homemade cinnamon and oatmeal made in your crockpot, and take a few minutes to mediate before stepping out the door for the day. Change your Monday Morning Blues into positive productivity with a few of these easy tips. Feeling prepared and in control will help you start your week off with joyful anticipation.
Welcome Monday with:
- A clean car. Pop in a fresh scent, add a full tank of gas, vacuum and scrub down the carpet over the weekend and you’ll be proud to pick up your client for a lunch meeting on Monday.
- Fresh hair. Change up your shampoo and conditioner or give a highly recommended new styling product a try. You’ll be camera ready even if there’s no photographer in sight.
- A lite lunch or cup of coffee. Schedule a meet up with a colleague or friend and you’ll have something to look forward to in the middle of your day. Knowing you are in store for a long overdue visit with someone interesting will be a nice break.
- A great outfit. Shop your closet and put together a new outfit using items you already have. Set aside a few creative looks to wear Tuesday through Friday.
- A simple vase of beautiful flowers. Make friends with your local florist and have your favorite blooms delivered weekly. Or, treat a friend to a cheerful arrangement and enjoy her surprise.
- Unique earrings. Pick a pair to compliment your complexion, make your eyes shine, and allow any outfit to look better. Search for inspiration on Pinterest and select a stone you’ve been eyeing for awhile.
- An inspiring scent. Keep a lightly scented candle on your desk to for a quick pick-me-up during the day. Splurge on the best quality you can afford and make sure there are no allergies in the office before you strike the match.
- Invigorating exercise. Anything from a barre workout to a brisk hike, schedule at least 30 minutes a day to work on yourself and your outlook, mind, body, and soul. Try out different classes and instructors until you find the right fit.
- A small cosmetic bag filled with special products. Stock a pretty makeup bag with only the daily essentials and get rid of old or worn out cosmetics. Take a close look at the zipper pouch that carries your beauty products and decide if you need to wash it or replace with a new one.
- A simple act of kindness. Send a “just because” note to a cherished friend, donate to a Kickstarter campaign that resonates with you, or bring in a special treat for your office mates. Kindness is contagious.