Are you ready to have a little horse fun? May 2nd is the Kentucky Derby. Can you answer the trivia questions below? See how you score.
A Kentucky Derby Trivia Quiz
1. The Kentucky Derby is called…
a. The Greatest Two Minutes in Sports
b. Secretariats Ride
c. The War of the Roses
2. What color is suggested to wear to the Kentucky Oaks this year?
3. Which grocery chain is in charge of the winners garland, called the Garland of Roses?
b. The Kroger Company
c. Tom Thumb
4. The Garland of Roses is presented to…
a. The winning jockey
b. Owner of horse
c. The winning thoroughbred
5. How much does the winning Garland of Roses weigh (approximately)?
a. 40 lbs
b. 30 lbs
c. 20 lbs
6. Where in Kentucky is the Derby held?
7. What type of rose adorns the Garland?
a. Vintage Rose
b. Chelsea Rose
c. Freedom Rose
8. True or False: The Garland of Roses is (approximately) 10 feet long.
9. The Kentucky Derby is held…
a. The first Friday in May
b. The first Saturday in May
c. The first Sunday in May
10. What is the official drink of the Derby?
a. Mint Julep
b. Whisky Sour
11. What types of horses are used in the Kentucky Derby?
12. The Kentucky Derby is a…
a. 1 ¼ mile horse race
b. 1 ⅛ mile horse race
c. 2 mile horse race
To read more about the Kentucky Derby check out my article, Kentucky Derby 2015: Notable Tips and Traditions on The Huffington Post.