What can you accomplish in just five minutes that would make your day noticeably better? Here are a few suggestions to get you started off on the right foot each morning:
- Drink a cup of hot water and lemon. According to a recent article in Yahoo Health, it’s a great detox, wakes up your digestive track and supports in weight loss. Yes, please! A healthy green smoothie can be blended in a matter of seconds and also provides a welcome energy boost.
- Make your bed. It’s much easier to handle the task before you walk away from your bedroom. Consider it a “reset” so you’ll have a beautiful space to welcome you at the end of the day. Pull the sheets up, smooth the duvet, and arrange the pillows. Making your bed gives you a sense of accomplishment and may avert an awkward moment if you have a “drop in” guest who would love a tour of your home.
- Take a quick glance at your calendar. When juggling a busy schedule, it’s not uncommon to get your days or appointments mixed up. Scan your agenda before leaving home, confirming you are traveling in the correct direction. I am guilty of this frustrating scenario!
- Stretch your shower. Take a few extra minutes to deep condition your hair, shave your legs and say a prayer of gratitude. A sugar or salt scrub with a few drops of essential oil is easy to make, budget-friendly and transforms an ordinary shower into a spa. The meditational benefits will give your spirit a lift.
- Dress for your best client…even if you plan to stay in the office all day. Taking pride in the way you look sends the message you are prepared, motivated and ready for whatever challenges you may encounter. You’ll be more likely to accept a last-minute invitation to lunch or dinner if you are business-ready.