Today I’m answering a few commonly asked dining etiquette questions. Take this short quiz and see how you score. For the detailed answers, watch our Fox Austin video.
1. What is a serviette?
- A charger
- A soup bowl
- A table napkin
2. Where do you place your napkin when you leave the table temporarily?
- The seat of the chair
- The arm of the chair
- The back of the chair
3. Food is passed clockwise at the table. True/False
4. The guest of honor makes the first toast. True/False
5. The best chair at the table is:
- The one facing the door
- The one facing the center of the room
- The one looking directly into the bar
6. It’s impolite to ask for ketchup at the table. True/False
7. The bread plate is set on the right and glassware is set on the left. True/False
8. It’s perfectly acceptable to ask for a doggie bag at the end of a business meal. True/False
9. It’s most courteous to offer to leave the tip if the other person pays. True/False
10. If you see a client across the room, make a point of going over to say hello. True/False
1. A table napkin
2. The seat of the chair
5. The one facing the center of the room
For more of my dining tips, check out my latest article, Dining Etiquette: Dinner Party Mistakes to Avoid, on The Huffington Post.